Monday, December 10, 2012

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update

What up, peeps?

Does anyone actually use that word anymore or is just a remnant of my 90s upbringing?  I have a feeling it's the latter.

But, I digress...

I have a whole long list of posts I want to write but haven't seemed to be able to get much accomplished lately with report cards, budgets, teaching, Christmas shopping, and decorating.  So here's the weekly update and I have a feeling I may be posting a whole lot during Christmas break when I have a little more time.

18 Weeks


Look who's not wearing gray!  But, also note the look of "Take the effin picture, Hubs, so I can go take a bath and put my pajamas on."

How far along? 18 weeks (sweet potato)
Total weight gain/loss: At my official 18 week appointment last Friday, I was up 2 pounds so I am around 2-3 pounds from my weight at the time of the IVF transfer.
Maternity clothes: Nothing but.
Have you started to show yet? Yup, I'm definitely sporting more of a pregnancy belly, instead of just a food belly.
Sleep: Would love to be getting more.  Too bad our dumb dog thinks he's a baby and wakes up at 3 am for no apparent reason.
Best moment this week: Scheduling our anatomy scan for THIS SATURDAY.

Miss Anything? Booze.  I have been seeing all these awesome holiday drinks on Pinterest and I am definitely going to miss them this year.
Movement: Yup, finally felt the first little twitches this week.  Mostly happens when I am sitting quietly but I also think this baby is wide awake when I'm moving around.
Food cravings: Those Thin Mints peppermint patty things, anything salty, and I had to have an Awful Awful this weekend (Google it...it's a RI thing).
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not at the moment, although the smell of our stinky garbage had me gagging the other night.
Gender prediction: This week, I keep calling the baby a she.  We will know soon enough!
Labor Signs: No labor, but I have had a lot of round ligament pain and everything feels kinda "heavy."

Symptoms: I feel like I'm moving more slowly and definitely cannot stand for as long.
Major purchases this week? Bought another Halloween onesie on super sale at Kohls.  Also did a lot of shopping for other people's babies this week.  Just reaffirmed the fact that Hubs better start working a boatload of overtime once we find out the gender of this baby because mama is going to be doing a whole lotta shopping!
Weekly wisdom: Don't carry heavy laundry baskets up the stairs.  Your husband will yell at you and the baby doesn't like it.
Looking forward to: Anatomy scan on Saturday.  We won't actually find out the gender until the 22nd when we do our reveal party, but I cannot wait to see this little baby again.

3 comments: