Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The One with the Liebster Love


Yours truly has once again been nominated for a Liebster blog award.  This is an award given to new or up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  To graciously accept the award, you must follow the rules below.

Before I tell you about the rules, I must thank the wonderful blogger over at Middle Musings for my nomination.  Thank you!

So here is how this blog award works:
  • Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate and link to their blogs from your blog.
  • Come up with 11 questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
  • Tell the 11 bloggers that you nominated them by posting on their blog.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you and thank them dearly from the bottom of your heart!
  • Post your award badge with pride!

Alright, here goes, my 11 random facts:

1.  I became a certified scuba diver at 12 years old.
2.  I didn't have my first cavity until the age of 28.
3.  I don't eat the last bite of my pickle.
4.  The first concert I went to was John Denver (ick!) at the age of about 7.
5.  I hate the green apple Skittles.
6.  Dusting is my least favorite cleaning job.
7.  I can't jump rope.
8.  Hubs and I have been married for 18+ months and I still haven't hung up any wedding pictures.
9.  I put ice in my milk.
10.  I once had my brother ride his bike around the block with a sign that said, "Lemonade, follow me" to get business for my lemonade stand.
11.  I can't draw a straight line, even with a ruler.


Here are the answers to the questions from the blogger who nominated me:

1. Who was your favorite teacher? Why? This is a tough one for me because I have had so many great teachers in my life.  I loved my fifth grade teacher because I thought she was so cool.  I would actually write down things she did in her classroom so I would remember them when I became a teacher.  I also loved my freshman English teacher.  I hated her at first, but she really challenged me to become a better writer.

2. What is your favorite kind of movie to see in the theater? I like to see comedies.  I find the laughter of all those people so uplifting.

3. What dish do you cook that everyone just loves? Everyone who eats my pepperoni bread loves it and I recently made these meatballs and they are always a hit.

4. What is your ideal "night in?" I am perfectly content ordering pizza and watching a movie or a TV show from Netflix with Hubs.

5. How would you describe your home decor style? Right now, I feel like it's a hodgepodge of stuff.  We have the new part of our house that we renovated and the old part of our house that we haven't done anything to and they don't exactly mesh.  I like my house to feel warm and welcoming.

6. What do you do for a living? Do you like it? I am a first grade teacher and most days I love my job.

7. Describe your everyday handbag. Is it huge and filled with tons of stuff or small and neat? My current bag is a Kate Spade one I bought on super sale as a "You're doing a good job growing a baby" present to myself.  It is not huge, but definitely has a lot of stuff in it.

8. Mac or PC? Never thought I'd say this, but I am officially a Mac convert.

9. What is your favorite season? Why? Summer...uh no school then!

10. Do you have a special talent? Is there something unusual that you know how to do? I literally consider myself talentless.  I can't sing, dance, or sew.  I am pretty damn good with a glue gun though!

11. What is your favorite way to waste time on the internet? Facebook, The Bump, Pinterest, blogs...I am a great time waster.


And my 11 nominations (in no specific order):

1.  J&J at Babykins!
2.  Lexie at Easy Epicurean
3.  Katharine at Grow Baby Grow
4.  Kathy4678 at Hoping for Baby 4678
5.  Lisbeth at Maybe, Baby?
6.  ReadyForMyTurn at Ready for My Turn
7.  Lisa at The Road to Baby Oz
8.  Kat at Trying to Make 3
9.  Miss A at When...not IF!
10.  Andy at I Won't Give Up
11.  Lainey-Paney at Life is Just So Daily


Finally, my 11 questions to the nominees:

1.  What is your favorite T.V. show?
2.  If we were on a road trip and I went into a convenience store to get you a snack, what should it be?
3.  What is your favorite book from childhood?
4.  How many pillows do you sleep with?
5.  How do you drink your coffee or tea?
6.  What is your favorite dinner recipe?
7.  What kind of car do you drive?
8.  What is your favorite kind of shampoo?
9.  What is your least favorite food?
10.  Describe your best friend in three words.
11.  What song is currently on repeat on your iPod/MP3 player/CD player?

Thanks again for the nomination and to my wonderful readers!

Hope you're having a happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment