Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update


29 Weeks

They really shouldn't make maternity clothes with stripes.  It's just not playing fair.

How far along? 29 weeks (acorn squash)
Total weight gain/loss: +8ish pounds.  I'll find out for sure on Friday at my next appointment.
Maternity clothes: I am still wearing a few non-maternity tops, but only because they are super stretchy.  I live in leggings and even my maternity jeans are not the most comfortable anymore.
Sleep: I'm getting tired much more easily and could definitely nap every day if my life agreed with that plan.  Unfortunately, it doesn't so I have been going trying to go to bed earlier.
Best moments this week: Getting the nursery furniture, touring the hospital, and getting some awesome hand-me-down blankets, sleep sacks, and bottles from a friend.
Miss Anything? Not having heartburn.  I mean who gets heartburn from water?  It sucks.
Movement: Most definitely and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Food cravings: Finally indulged my donut craving this weekend.  Allie's Donuts did our wedding cake and my 30th birthday cake.  We picked up a dozen over the weekend and I am not ashamed to tell you I ate most of them.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I had a big salad last night when we went out for dinner and regretted it by the time we got home.  It didn't make me nauseous per se, I just felt a little off and of course the heartburn was in full effect.
Gender: Little man.
Labor Signs: Not yet, but I have been feeling more pressure down low.  Maybe this means he isn't breech anymore.  Mama can hope!  
I also spoke with my neurologist last week about the whole epidural situation.  Long story short, I've suffered from migraines since I was a child and had to have a spinal tap done several years ago.  As a result of leaking spinal fluid, I ended up with the most excruciating, painful, horrendous migraine of my entire life.  The neurologist assured me that this won't necessarily happen again if I decide to get the epidural.  I have every intention of trying to do this birth med-free, but I'm no martyr either so we'll see how it all plays out.
Symptoms: Super dry skin, heartburn, back pain, exhaustion, nesting!
Major purchases this week? Oh boy, it was a busy week for Mama's wallet.  We ordered the blinds, stroller and car seat (thanks Mom!), rug and rug pad, and the most adorable seersucker blazer and pants from Children's Place for my best friend's wedding in June.
Classes/Tours: We went on our hospital tour this past Saturday.  The woman who gave the tour was extremely nice and funny.  She did a Powerpoint presentation at the beginning for all of us and talked a lot about when to come to the hospital and what to bring.  It was great to have a list to work off of when thinking about what we need to pack.  She even reminded us to bring a cooler for Hubs (filled with water and food, despite his protests of wanting to bring beer!).  Then we got to walk around and see the ER where we will check in, the labor and delivery room (didn't look so scary without a screaming mama in labor!), and the postpartum room.  It was extremely reassuring to me to hear about their strong advocacy for skin-to-skin, even with a c-section because this was one of the things I have been worried about if we have to go that route.  I am getting both anxious and excited thinking about the whole labor and delivery process.
Nursery: I am in love.  I promise I will do a post about the entire nursery with pictures this week.
How mama is feeling: Pregnant.  That's how I answer when someone asks.  Seriously though, I do feel good, I'm just tired and slow moving.  
Weekly wisdom: Meltdowns will happen and they will most likely be over stupid things.  Try not to stress about them too much and make sure to laugh when your husband tries to blow your nose in the midst of your crying fit to make you smile.
Looking forward to: The massive quantities of packages arriving this week.  I love packages!
Next appointment: March 1st

My plans for posts in the near future include one about all the nursery details as well as the registry process and picks.  I've got a ton of pictures to share too.

No comments:

Post a Comment