Saturday, June 29, 2013

The One with the Wedding

We took a road trip to Chicago for my best friend's wedding last weekend.

The trip was long and there was an awful lot of driving involved, but it was a great weekend.

On Friday, we had the rehearsal and dinner.  Hubs hadn't arrived yet so it was just my mom, Liam, and I at the hotel at that point.  We decided earlier that day that Liam would stay at the hotel with my mom after seeing everyone at the rehearsal and I would go to the dinner by myself.  I really needed to focus on being the MOH and he really needed a normal, quiet night without a ton of people around.  The dinner was a lot of fun and mommy had her first real drinks since starting IVF last summer.  I forgot to take a picture, but those glasses of Prosecco were delish.

Liam was great for my mom on Friday night and I while I missed him a ton, it was nice to have a night out.

On Saturday morning, L was up bright and early and I headed out to the airport to pick up Hubs, my brother, and my brother's girlfriend.  They slept for most of the morning while I had my hair and makeup done.  My mom walked several miles in the hotel throughout the day with Liam in the stroller to keep him occupied.

Liam looked absolutely adorable in his outfit for the ceremony.


The ceremony had to be held indoors because of some storms earlier in the day.


Nic was a trooper that day as the photographer had us schlepping all around the grounds to take pictures.  It was so hot and humid!

The beautiful bride and I.


Liam switched into his seersucker suit for the reception.  He got lots of compliments!  Here are a couple family pictures (it's still so weird to say that!)


 

 The brave bride holding the could-spit-up-at-any-moment baby.


My mom took Liam back to the room after cocktail hour.  They both needed a break from the crowd and the noise.  Hubs and I were able to enjoy ourselves, even though Mommy went up to check on Liam several times!


The wedding was held at the Hyatt Lodge on the McDonalds Campus.  They have a university on the campus where the managers and franchisees train.  Because of that, they served cheeseburgers at the end of the night.  It was the perfect snack!


The happy bride and groom.


We had a great time celebrating with Nicolette and Brian and it was such a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment