Thursday, July 11, 2013

The One with the Thursday Thoughts

Hello blogging world!

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July weekend and your week is going well so far.

Here are some of the things that have been floating around in my head lately...
  • I wish the weather would make up its mind.  It's hot and muggy, it's raining and cloudy, it's windy and cool.  Uh, I know it's New England, but I'm done with this craziness.
  • I went to Old Navy yesterday and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it was Stuff and Save Day!  I picked up some shorts (Mommy's hips have definitely spread and she needed to go up a size...boo!) and some super cute shirts and tanks.
 These have little lobsters on them.  In love.
From here.

 Totally not a blouse type person but this one is super comfy and cute.
From here.
  • We have a party to go to this weekend and I am whipping up some ramen noodle salad.  It's super easy to make and only has a few ingredients.  It's so yummy!  I tried to find my recipe online, but other people seem to put weird shit in it (uh balsamic vinegar in this sounds gross) so I'll share my recipe.  The key is to make this the night before you serve it so it has time to soak up all the juices overnight.  It's one package of cole slaw mix, 2-3 scallions (chopped), 2 packages of Ramen noodles (beef or Oriental flavor, crushed), 1 cup of sliced almonds, 1 cup of vegetable oil, 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, and the Ramen noodle flavor packets.  Mix everything together and refrigerate overnight.
  • Oh, speaking of refrigerators...ours shit the bed this weekend.  Hubs came home quite late on Friday night and we discovered not so cold milk and melting ice cubes.  Luckily, we have a big freezer downstairs so I was able to save all the food that was in there.  All the stuff in the refrigerator went into coolers in the kitchen and we crossed our fingers that we would be able to save everything.  And then we went shopping for a fridge.  Holy goodness those things cost a lot of money!  Didn't exactly budget for that!  We were able to pick one up on Saturday and it was quite the project to get it in the house.  Fortunately, we saved most of the food and Hubs was able to hook everything up successfully.

This gives me agita.  I mean my kitchen was such a flippin mess!

That marine cooler came in quite handy.
  • We are embarking on another very long road trip next week.  Let the packing of all the things begin yet again.
  • The postpartum hair loss has begun.  I may be bald by the time L is 6 months old.
  • Liam stretches like a grown man.  With full arched back and groans.  It's hysterical to watch.
  • My first day of birth control to start our IVF process was one year ago Monday.  It blows my mind that it has been an entire year...
Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment