Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The One with the Thursday Thoughts

School is officially back in session as of today.  I truly don't know where the summer (plus the 7 weeks I had off before that) went.  I feel like it has all flown by and I cannot believe I am starting a new school year with new kids with a kid of my own at home.

Onto the Thursday thoughts...
  • Fall is upon us and I must say I'm excited.  While I would have loved more time off with the munchkin, if I have to go back to work, I want the weather to cool off a little.  Just enough for sweaters and warm drinks...not enough for snow and arctic temperatures.
  • Speaking of fall, I am enjoying my last few lightings of my summer candles and scent bulbs before I switch everything over.  
  • And more fall things, I cannot wait to go apple and pumpkin picking with Liam this year.  Obviously he won't be able to participate, but the whole process is just so exciting to me.  And after fall comes CHRISTMAS!  Don't even get me started on how ecstatic I am about the holiday season now that I have a child.  It's like normal excitement times a jillion!
  • Am I the only one who finds immense satisfaction out of using the booger sucker on my kid?  It feels like a great accomplishment when we get a good one out.  ::crickets::  Yeah, I was pretty sure it was just me.
  • I have a slight obsession with bibs for Liam right now.  I try to match them to his outfit every morning.  Any recommendations for good ones from a store or an Etsy shop?  We have the teething ones from Carter's and I like those.  Normal velcro irritates Liam's neck so it needs to have that soft, flat velcro or a snap.  I picked up these ones from Carter's the other day.
  • The beginning of the school year makes me feel like a CD set to repeat.  There are so many routines to teach them at the beginning.  It's all worth it in the end once they learn them, but boy is it tedious in the beginning.
  • We borrowed a Bumbo seat from a friend this week and L seems to really like it.  I didn't originally register for it because I felt like we really didn't need another piece of baby junk, but this is nice for my always curious and nosy little boy.  He can do some more sitting up in it, although he isn't loving that he can't move his legs as much.  I also need to pick up or have a cover made for it because his chubby thighs get stuck to the seat!
And yes, I know the risks of putting him up on the counter on the seat.  He is never unsupervised in it.  Ever.
  • I am a self-diagnosed hater of Halloween, but I must admit I am a little more excited about it this year.  I have already started looking at costumes for Liam.  I know he's only going to wear it for like a split second but I am already imagining the cute pictures.  I am thinking an elephant or a lobster.
  • Going back to work has been really tough, but I already appreciate every single second I do get with L even more than before.  But damn it would be really nice to be a SAH mom.
Off to enlighten more minds...or at least teach them how to stand in a line quietly!

No comments:

Post a Comment