Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The One with the Recipe Roundup

**Liam's 6 month post is coming on Friday after we go to visit Dr. G. and get all his stats.**

In the meantime, I thought I would do a post about some of the recipes I have been trying lately.

I pin things all the time on Pinterest and never quite get around to making them.

Since going back to work, I find it's much easier to meal plan on Saturday evenings or Sunday mornings for the whole week.  That way, I know what groceries I need and what we will be having most nights.  It's made things slightly less hectic in our house.

So here's what I've been making lately.  I realized as I went to type this post that I took no pictures of anything I've made, but they more or less came out looking like the pictures from the sites I got them on.

White Chicken Enchiladas from Joyful Momma's Kitchen
This recipe is repinned all the time on Pinterest so I figured I'd give it a shot.  It was super yummy and easy to make.  I used chicken tenderloins instead of the rotisserie chicken and cooked them in a pan with some olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and paprika.  When they were cooked, I shredded them up and mixed them with the cheese.

Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta from How Sweet Eats
This recipe had a little more prep work involved, but was definitely worth it.  You have to use freshly shredded cheese (as opposed to the bags of shredded stuff) to really keep the creamy consistency of the sauce.  I didn't use the gorgonzola (eww gross), but I did drizzle some ranch dressing over the top when it came out of the oven.  I also added a little more of the roux (flour and water) to make a thicker sauce.  Hubs was a big fan of this meal.

Marshmallow Resses Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
These are probably the simplest jazzed up brownie recipe out there.  It was a great way to use up a bunch of my leftover Halloween candy.  These are definitely best eaten cold.

Antipasto Squares from Kevin and Amanda
I haven't actually made these yet, so I can't speak to their yumminess or ease, but they are tonight's dinner so I will keep you posted.  I think they look awesome so hopefully they are.

I have a few other recipes I'll be trying soon and posting about.  I promise to remember to take pictures of them!

And because I can't have a picture-less post...



This kid will be eating Mommy's cooking very soon.

Hope everyone is having a happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment