Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The One with All the Goop

So it's school vacation week over here, which can only mean one thing...

I'm sick.

It seriously happens almost every year during at least one vacation (we are two for two this year already).

I go nonstop and run myself ragged and the minute I slow down for 2.6 seconds, it all catches up to me and dumps sickness everywhere.

I started feeling crummy at the end of last week and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

Sore throat, fever, exhaustion, and a beautiful cough that could wake the dead.

By Sunday, I was almost in tears every time I swallowed my own spit.

When I woke up yesterday morning, I could barely open my left eye because it was filled with goopy gross crustiness.  My nose was a leaky faucet and I was coughing up some pretty disgusting stuff (hope you're not eating while you read this).

Yesterday, I ended up at the walk-in clinic (thanks, regular doctor, for being closed and making me pay a $50 copay).  Two and a half hours, two strep tests, one flu test, and one script for amoxicillin later and I am starting to feel a little better today.

Turns out it's not strep or the flu.  Probably just some awesome viral thing that I caught from one of the 25 germ-infested munchkins who have no control over where they send their spit and snot in my classroom.  I'm still finishing the antibiotic just in case.

But I haven't even gotten to the best part...

Obviously it couldn't just be me who got sick.

This morning, Liam woke up with the goopiest of goopy eyes.  Poor kid could barely see.

Luckily, we had his 9 month well-visit today so Dr. G was able to give us a prescription for some eye drops (which Liam obviously loves so very much...sarcasm font needed here).  The little guy is in great spirits considering the grossness and thankfully he didn't need any shots today.  But I do feel terrible for him.

My eyes may look like I went 10 rounds with Tyson but I am still eating like a champ!

So, that's how our vacation started.

Crossing my fingers that the rest of it is goop free.

No comments:

Post a Comment