Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The One with the Actual First Birthday

Considering Liam's 13 month post is coming in less than 48 hours, I thought it was appropriate to finally write about what happened on his actual birthday.

Another post tomorrow about his party once I finally download all the pictures!

I had a doctor's appointment that morning, so I was home from school and got to spend the day with the little man.

That morning, I made funfetti pancakes for Liam.  It was a really easy recipe that I adapted from several different places.  A box of funfetti cake mix, couple eggs, some oil, and a little water until I reached the right consistency.  I also added more rainbow sprinkles because duh, who doesn't want more sprinkles on your birthday?

Notice my mother keeping Liam away from fire but herself out of the picture.
Liam got to eat off of The Red Plate that I got at my baby shower.

We had matching tops from SaSeaDecor.  The owner paired with Jessica of Little Baby Garvin to create shirts and sweatshirts using one of Jessica's chalkboard designs.  They were perfect for Mr. Man's Cinco de Mayo birthday.  They say "fiesta like there's no manana" and I have been living in the sweatshirt for the last month!


Awkward selfie, messy living room.

After my doctor's appointment, I ran a few errands while Liam stayed home with my mom and picked up lunch from Panera on the way home.

Shortly after I got home, flowers were delivered to the house from Hubs to thank me for our son.  It was really sweet and they were beautiful.


When Hubs got home that afternoon, we gave Liam his birthday present (which technically we put together the day before and had been sitting in the living room all that day).  We got him a customized Radio Flyer wagon.  He loves it and we have been getting a ton of use out of it in the last few weeks.



 You think he likes it?!

We took Liam for a spin around the neighborhood in his new wheels before our Mexican-themed dinner.

Notice the convenient drink holder for Mommy's margarita?

When we got home, it was chips and salsa, margaritas, and tacos for dinner to round out our Cinco de Mayo celebration.

We had a great day and almost a month later, I still can't believe I have a one year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment